Tour Guide & Crew Member
Get outside and work on the water this Summer! The Charles Riverboat Company is a Boston based boat company operating sightseeing cruises and private chartered events on the Charles River and Boston Harbor.
Position Overview: The Charles Riverboat Company is will be hiring crew for our 2022 season to act as mate, tour guide, and bartender for our sightseeing tours and private events. This is the ideal position for individuals who are confident with public speaking and enjoy being out on the water. Tour narration and bar training will be provided by the Charles Riverboat Company!
- Narrating sightseeing tours
- Offer bar service for public and private cruises
- Sell tickets for pubic cruises and providing tour information
- Provide exceptional hospitality to cruise guests
- Set-up and breakdown of vessels for public and private events
- Ensure customer satisfaction and safety at all times
- Follow safety procedures in order to ensure protection of passengers and vessel
- Maintain the cleanliness of vessels
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Pre-employment and on-going random drug testing required for all marine personnel
- Ability to work at least part-time April through September
- Must be extremely comfortable with public speaking
- Outgoing and energetic personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Must enjoy spending time outside on the water
If hired, all employees must pass a drug test as required by the US Coast Guard. Employees must have the ability to work nights and weekends and attend company training sessions prior to employment. Interested applicants, please apply online with your resume.